The Innovation Hub is a space for supporting, developing and strengthening initiatives generated by students and professors in the University, but also by entrepreneurs, enterprises, and investors related with social innovation and with projects that aim to have a positive impact and a societal transformation.
As such, the Innovation HUB vision is to become the first center to effectively promote and support social innovation in Panama, as part of an international network (LASIN) through projects and initiatives that ultimately create a new country culture.
The Innovation HUB offers services to all students, professors and external entrepreneurial mentors that are formally involved in a social innovation project. The services offered are:
• Space for meetings of the project team, with only internal or external participants and/or mentors.
• Technology equipment to be used by anyone as part of the activities executed within the project.
• Connection and networking of the students’ teams with external mentors that can support them in specific phases of their project.
• Workshops, informative sessions, inspirational talks and other events organized by the centre and offered to members only or the wide academic community, depending on the topic.
• Incubation services, organized in seasons, that through specific programs support the transformation of an idea into an entrepreneurial project.
Supported projects can be found here.